Applesauce, Porkchops and Walnuts... OhMy!
Remember Gordon doesn't measure... Sorry.
Also I would like to add that I did see a similar recipe on the box but, this is my little twist of what I am sure is a very good recipe. Please forgive me if this is something that you have been cooking for your family for years. (Disclaimer) I guess I am suppose to have that for all the lawyers out there.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 box
- uncle ben's long grain and wild rice original recipe.
- 1/4" to 1/2" boneless pork chops.
- 1 jar(s)
- apple sauce (i use 3/4 of mott's large jar)
- 1 pkg
- light brown sugar (maybe a half cup)
- 1 pkg
- chopped walnuts (maybe a half cup or more if you like)
- 1/4 c
- maple syrup (guessing so only add what looks right)
- 3 or 4 dash(es)
- seasoning salt to your liking for chops
- black pepper to taste for chops
- 2 medium
- apples of your choice... i like red d's chopped in approx. 1/4" pieces.
- i hope i remembered everything... lol
1Ok Cook Uncle Ben's Long grain wild rice like box says, I prefer it with butter not oil. Also I stir mine a lot to keep from gumming and sticking.
2On a grill, Foreman grill, frying pan lightly spray with cooking spray and cook chops after adding seasoning salt and pepper. The key is to not dry them out. The juicier the better to me.
If you have different or more seasoning you wish to use... feel free to explore. Sometimes I will add the Emeril's seasoning as well... I know I sound like a spokes person for him but it adds a good flavor.
3In another pan add apple sauce, apples, brown sugar, walnuts, cinnamon and syrup stir on low heat till meal all comes together.
4Cook the veggie of your choice...
5I plate 2 chops with rice... cover chops and a spot in the rice with apple sauce mix. Add Veggie and enjoy!