Viva Italia Pasta Salad
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 16 oz. box
- preferred pasta (i like the trio italian)
- 6.5 oz jar(s)
- marinated artichokes, very well drained & cut in chunks d
- 6 oz
- can large black olives, drained well
- 20 slice
- good quality pepperoni, cut in half
- 20 slice
- genoa salami, cut in half, or about 1/3 lb cut in chunks
- 8 oz
- jar, roasted red peppers, cut in chunks
- green peppers, cut in chunks
- 1/3 c
- parmesan cheese, grated
- 8 oz
- sharp white cheddar, cut in chunks
- 16 oz
- bottle italian dressing (kraft viva italian is my fav)
- italian spices, basil, salt, pepper
1Cook pasta to firm (according to box directions). I cook in a whole peeled onion for flavor, Kosher salt, & some of the Italian dressing instead of plain olive oil.
2Make sure your roasted red peppers, artichokes, and sundried tomatoes if using, are well drained. (I drain them, then squeeze thru paper towels.)
3Drain pasta & add about 1/2 cup of Italian dressing. Stir well & refrigerate to cool for about 30 mins.
4Meanwhile, cut up all veggies & add some Italian dressing to them & stir. (I throw everything in a big stockpot for ample room to stir & add.)
5Add pasta & then season w/ ground black pepper, parmesan, basil & Italian seasonings. Stir & add more dressing.
6Refrigerate for about 2 hours, then stir again, & add sharp cheese chunks. Add more dressing, if needed. I normally make this the night before if it's for earlier in the day next day or early morning if I am using it that night. Get pasta out of fridge about 30 mins before using to stir & taste. I sprinkle parm on the top of the bowl too, & have added fresh basil leaves around the edges as a nice garnish. Add more dressing if needed. Enjoy!