Shrimp Au gratin
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 lb
- raw shrimp (peeled, deveined, tail removed)
- 1 large
- onion, diced
- 1 medium
- green bell pepper, diced
- 2 clove
- garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- celery, finely chopped
- 1 stick
- butter or margarine, halved
- 1 c
- evaporated milk or whipping cream (whichever is available)
- 1 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 1 can(s)
- cream of mushroom soup
- 1 large
- box of velveeta cheese, cut into cubes
- tony chachere's seasoning to taste
- garlic/onion powder to taste
- capful of zatarain's liquid seafood boil
- pasta of choice, cooked and drained (approx 16 oz box)
1Melt 1/2 stick butter in skillet and saute' onion, bell pepper, garlic and celery until soft. Set aside but do not drain.
2Melt other 1/2 stick of butter and cook shrimp just until pink. Set aside but do not drain.
3Mix the flour into the milk and add to vegetable mixture. Cook on medium heat until thick and bubbly.
4Add cream of mushroom soup to mixture and cook until heated through.
5Add cheese to mixture and cook until cheese is completely melted.
6Add seasonings and liquid seafood boil, mix well, then add shrimp and cooked pasta and heat through. (you don't have to use all of the cooked pasta)
7Serve with garlic bread and green salad.
8***You can substitute cooked crawfish tails for the shrimp***