Shiitake Mushrooms and Chard Pasta
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 Tbsp
- virgin olive oil
- medium onion, finely chopped
- cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb
- shiitake mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1/2 lb
- crimini mushrooms or other sliced mushrooms for variety (or use all shiitake)
- 1 large
- can whole tomatoes, roughly chopped, with juice
- bunch swiss chard, tough stems removed, roughly chopped
- 1-2 sprig(s)
- fresh oregano or 1/2 tsp dried
- 1/4-1/2 tsp
- dried chili flakes
- ounces shredded gruyere cheese
- 2 oz
- shredded parmesan cheese for garnish
- 1 lb
- pasta of your choice
1In a medium sized skillet, heat olive oil until shimmering. Add onion and cook at medium-low heat until translucent, about 5 or 6 minutes. Add garlic and cook until golden brown, about 1 minute.
Add mushrooms and increase heat slightly. Cook until the mushrooms have thrown off their moisture and started to brown.
2Add tomatoes, chili flakes and oregano and cook until heated through. Add Swiss chard and cook until wilted, just a couple of minutes. Stir in gruyere cheese.
Meanwhile, cook whatever pasta shape you desire, until al dente. Drain pasta and top with sauce and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.