Ravioli In Garlic Sauce
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 pkg
- frozen ravioli (i use the spinach cheese ones from costco), cooked
- 1 stick
- 1/2 medium
- onion, finely diced
- 4-5 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1/2-1 c
- half and half or heavy cream
- 1/2 c
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- dried italian herb blend (i like it, but it's not necessary)
- 1/2 lb
- small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-2 large
- tomatoes, seeded and diced
1In a small pot heat half and half very slowly, stirring constantly until warm, remove from heat.
2in a medium pan heat butter and saute the onion until translucent. Add the garlic and saute an additional 30 seconds.
3If using shrimp, add now and cook until pink, remove pan from heat.
4If desired, stir flour into butter.
5Stir in the herbs, and slowly add and the warm half and half. Stirring to combine. Continue stirring and return to heat.
6Bring sauce just to a simmer, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and toss with raviolis and Parmesan cheese(and tomatoes, if using).