PENNE WITH SAUSAGE & FETA
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 6 oz
- uncooked penne or rigatoni
- 12 oz
- mild italian bulk sausage
- 1/4 tsp
- red pepper flakes
- 2 c
- spring greens or baby spinach leaves, packed
- 1/2 c
- roasted red bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 c
- chopped fresh basil
- 2 Tbsp
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 c
- (4 oz.) crumbled feta cheese with tomatoes & basil
- 1/4 tsp
- salt, or to taste
- pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
1Cook penne according to package directions.
While penne is cooking; place large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Coat skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
Add sausage & red pepper flakes. Cook until sausage is browned, stirring constantly to break up meat. Remove from heat.
2Drain cooked penne. Add to skillet with sausage.
Add greens, roasted peppers, olives, basil & oil.
Toss gently until mixed well & greens have wilted slightly.
Add feta & salt. Toss again.