One-Pot Spicy Beef Mushroom Green Chile 'Goulash'
I like to build flavor, plus
we like 'heat', which is easy to adjust to your tastes. Just don't be tempted to add extra pasta, it's meant to be 'saucy'.
The 'star' ingredient are good green chilies from Hatch, New Mexico for full flavor. I order mine online, but sometimes get lucky & find the real thing, certain times of the year, in our grocer's freezer section. Plus, we have family in New Mexico!
- 13 1/4 oz
- whole grain elbows pasta, box, dry
- 3 lb
- ground chuck
- 1 1/2 c
- sweet onion, chopped
- green bell pepper, chopped
- bags sliced mushrooms (approx. 3 1/2 cups)
- 1 c
- fresh corn, off the cob
- garlic cloves, grated
- 1/4-1/2 c
- roasted green chilies, diced (available in your grocer's freezer section and available online)
- 14 oz
- can diced tomatoes
- 16 oz
- can tomato sauce
- 10 oz
- can rotel diced tomatoes & green chilies, medium heat
- 2 10 oz
- cans cream of tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/3 c
- 1-2 Tbsp
- 1/4-1/2 c
- good red wine (cabernet, merlot or blend)
- your favorite taco meat spices
- kosher salt, fresh ground pepper & red chili pepper flakes(opt.)
- canola oil & extra virgin olive oil
Drain pasta in colander & set aside in a bowl.
Remove the mushroom & green chili mixture from pot & set aside.
Add the mushroom & green chili mixture, pour in the canned diced tomatoes,the tomato sauce, add the can of Rotel diced tomatoes with green chilies, the cream of tomato soups, sugar & ketchup. Stir until combined.
Simmer beef mixture for several minutes, tasting for seasoning. Add the cooked elbow pasta, stir, & serve!