Olive oil Parmesan Pasta w/ red pepper flakes
You can eliminate the crushed pepper if you'd like, still makes a great tasty dish.
You need not worry about extact measures. Add more or less of any of these ingredients .. it won't hurt the recipe at all.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1/3 - 1/2 pound cooked and drained thin spaghetti or vermicelli (reserve approx 1/4 cup pasta water)
- 4 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 crushed garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped fine fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- salt/pepper to taste
- optional: sour cream topping
1In large fry pan add oil .. when oil is hot, reduce heat to low/med, add crushed garlic and crushed pepper flakes , saute for about 2 minutes...add parsley flakes , saute another minute or 2 (no longer, avoid garlic from browning)... add reserved pasta water, stir ...add cooked pasta using tongs, toss / blend pasta well with other ingredients just before removing pasta from pan add parmesan cheese , toss and blend . Serve and Enjoy !
Suggestion: garnish with a tablespoon of sour cream