My Semi Homemade Meaty Spaghetti Sauce
- 2 lb
- ground beef or use 3 pds of ground beef and omit sausage
- 1 lb
- sausage links, uncooked. any kind, i have used sweet italian, beef, etc. (or can use already cooked as well, just brown them before adding them to the sauce)
- 4 jar(s)
- traditional ragu (24 oz) each
- 2 1/2 Tbsp
- garlic powder
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 2-3 Tbsp
- fresh basil, chopped or can use dried basil leaves, just use 1 1/2 tbls
- 1 tsp
- oregano, dried (optional)
- parmesan cheese, shredded (optional)
THIS IS FOR A LARGE GROUP AND CAN BE HALVED. I FREEZE HALF FOR ANOTHER DAY.
You will need a large, deep pan.
Fry your ground beef until no longer pink. Drain off the fat. ***At the same time I boil my sausages for 10 minutes and then put them in a oven proof pan and bake them at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until the outside is nice and brown. Turning them half way through. Once cooked, cut them into nice size chunks.