*If you overcooked your couscous a tad you can try to salvage it by pulling it out of the water right away, drain it, and drizzle with olive oil. Then spread it onto a cookie sheet to attempt to separate the pearls and let cool; Keep checking on it and separating it. You may have really messed it up and have to start again, but you just might get lucky! ?
Sometimes if I am feeling crazy I will add some mozzarella pearls!
11. Bring water to a rapid boil then add couscous, turn down heat, and let simmer approximately 8-10 minutes.
(Keep an eye on it and constantly test it; this is the most important part, you don’t want to over cook it and have it be mushy*.)
22. While water is boiling and couscous is cooking chop up your cucumbers and onion and half your cherry tomatoes. Throw into a large bowl and add ¼ cup of garlic olive oil; let sit.
33. Once couscous is finished drain but DO NOT RINSE. Let cool.
44. After couscous is cooled add to your bowl of chopped cukes, toms, & onions and stir.
55. Add your desired amount of pesto (typically about 7 oz, maybe the whole 10! Use to your taste)
66. Add more olive oil if you see it is sticking together and needs to “lubrication”.
77. Add feta and stir (I use ALL of it, but it’s up to you.)
88. Cool in the fridge for a good hour to really let the flavors meld, but feel free to dig in if you want to! ☺ I prefer eating it chilled.