KT Elizabeth's Crabnificent Pasta Bake
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- tb butter
- lb. crabmeat (use lump or claw--whatever is reasonably priced, but a good quality)
- 9 oz
- fettuccine pasta (if you have access to fresh, great, i use good quality refrigerated for this dish)
- half of a fresh lemon
- cup, chicken broth
- 8 oz
- or more of fresh mushrooms, sliced
- green onions (use white & green parts)
- large handful of fresh basil
- small handful of fresh italian parsley
- roasted red pepper, diced (jarred kind is fine to equal about 1/2 cup or so)
- 2 Tbsp
- butter (see my note below for substituting olive oil)
- 4 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 & 2/3 cup of chicken broth
- 2/3 c
- white wine (i used pinot grigio)
- 1 c
- shredded swiss and grueyere mix or parmesan or combo
- sprinkling of white pepper and fennel seed
- 1 tsp
- garlic salt
FOR PASTA AND COOKING WATER:
1Preheat oven to 400 degrees. For the pasta water: add enough water to the chicken broth to cover the pasta. Add half of a lemon. I also added a fresh thyme sprig I had on hand. Bring to boil and add pasta. Just barely cook your pasta if it's refrigerated, and if it is dry fettucine, make sure you cook it a little less than al dente. I used refrigerated pasta and only had it in the water for about a minute and it was ready.
2Drain pasta and spread out in buttered baking dish. Reserve the lemon half. Meanwhile as pasta water boils...
4In same skillet, sautee crabmeat in butter (or again OO, if you prefer) for a few minutes. Sprinkle the lemon juice from the lemon you boiled w/ the pasta over top and lightly salt (I used smoked sea salt). You can use a little old bay, if you like in place of the smoked sea salt. Spread the crab over the veggie pasta.
5Now, make your sauce in the same skillet. Melt the butter (don't replace with oil), over med heat. Add flour and whisk for a few minutes. Add the chicken broth slowly and keep stirring. Let this thicken up a bit. Add the wine and stir through. Then, add your grated/shredded cheeses and heat through. Pour this over the top of the pasta bake,
7Sprinkle w/ fresh parm on top, and enjoy! I love this with roasted asparagus.