Hot Sausage Pastina
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 louisiana hot link, diced up very small. or if you want more meat you can use two.
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped chives
- 2 or 3 finely minced cloves garlic
- 1 and 1/2 tsp italian seasoning.
- 2 tsp parsley
- 6 oz pastina
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or jack cheese
- 1 bell pepper diced small
1Saute the sausage and garlic in a little oil.
2Add the vegetables and spices.
3Stir in the Pastina and add enough water to make the total volume of liquid about twice the volume of the Pastina. Stir.
4Cover. Reduce heat and cook until the Pastina is done and has absorbed all the liquid. Keep an eye on it because the Pastina can stick a little. Just stir it once if it appears to be sticking. If the water absorbs and it doesn't appear done then add just a tiny bit more. This only takes a couple of minutes.
5Turn off the heat. Sprinkle the cheese over the top and cover. Do not stir.
6The cheese will melt quickly. Now it's ready to eat. Enjoy.