Creamy macaroni and cheese
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 16 ounces dried elbow macaroni, 4 cups
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, 8 ounces
- one package pasteurize prepared cheese product, cut up, 8 ounces
- 1/4 cup butter, cut up
- three eggs, lightly beaten
- one can evaporated milk, 12 ounces
- one can condensed cheddar cheese soup 10.75 ounces or 1 cup process cheese dip
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
1preheat oven to 325°. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, let the cheeses and butter stand at room temperature. Drain macaroni; transfer to a very large bowl. Add 1 1/2 cups of the shredded cheddar cheese, the cheese product, and the butter to the hot pasta; stir well to mix. Set aside.
2In medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, cheese soup, and pepper until smooth. Stir egg mixture into macaroni mixture. Spoon macaroni mixture into a 3 quart casserole.
3Cover and bake for 25 minutes. Uncover and stir well. Sprinkle evenly with the remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes more or until heated through, and cheese melts. Makes 8 to 10 servings.