Chicken Artichoke Pasta in Lite Cream Sauce!
- 2-3 cups cooked chicken (amount is not critical)
- 2 cans (15 oz) artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 lb. penne (see note @ bottom)
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups fresh grated good quality parmesan
- 1-1/2 cups hellman's lite mayo
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 c flat leaf parsley, rough chop and some torn basil leaves if available.
- 1 tbsp. capers (brine packed) opt., but nice
Drain and rinse.
Make the sauce and set aside. If you don't like capers or do not have them, leave them out, but they add that that extra zing. The dish is awesome either way.
Heat the oil in a large sauté pan or skillet and add the artichokes. Let them sit and brown before stirring. The browning add such a wonderful flavor!
Add the garlic and stir until fragrant.
Add your sauce and stir/toss well. Remove from heat, add the cheese. Serve with lots of fresh ground pepper