As a kid...I never liked any of the Chef Boyardee items. Now as an adult...I love them!!!!! But they are HIGH in sodium & wanted to make my own & many thanks to Chris Toy-Corwin (chrisb64) for providing me this recipe! Can't wait to try it!
1 - 12 oz. can(s)
tomato soup, undiluted
cheddar cheese, shredded
salt & pepper, to taste
1Place all of the sauce ingredients in a medium saucepan except the cheese & bring to a boil.
2Remove the sauce from the heat & add the cheddar cheese & salt & pepper to taste.
3Serve over Buitoni refrigerated (agnolotti, ravioli (beef or cheese), tortellini, or any of their pastas, regular or whole wheat), homemade ravioli or any of your favorite pasta.
NOTE: This probably would be great to make in big batches & can it!
4HOMEMADE RAVIOLI (OPTIONAL):
1 lb ground beef
2 Tbsp finely grated parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp onion powder
1/2 tsp salt & pepper
1 (50 count) package wonton wrappers
1. Place all of the ravioli ingredients into a small sauce pan, except the wonton wrappers & turn the heat to low.
2. Cook the meat for about 10 minutes, or until browned; you much stir this constantly & sometimes vigorously to keep the mixture smooth, no lumps!
3. Wet the edges of a wonton wrapper & place 1 - 1 1/2 Tbsps of the meat mixture in the center; top with another wonton skin & press all of the air out of the ravioli while you are pressing the edges together to make a tight seal.
4. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
5. Add the ravioli to the boiling water & boil them, stirring occasionally for 5 - 8 minutes.
6. Toss the ravioli & sauce together in a large bowl & serve.
About this Recipe
Dietary Needs: Vegetarian