Chef Boyardee Tomato Sauce (Copy Cat)
|1 - 12 oz. can(s)||tomato soup, undiluted|
|1/2 tsp||garlic powder|
|1/2 tsp||onion powder|
|1 tsp||parsley, dried|
|1/4 c||cheddar cheese, shredded|
|salt & pepper, to taste|
As a kid...I never liked any of the Chef Boyardee items. Now as an adult...I love them!!!!! But they are HIGH in sodium & wanted to make my own & many thanks to Chris Toy-Corwin (chrisb64) for providing me this recipe! Can't wait to try it!
NOTE: This probably would be great to make in big batches & can it!
1 lb ground beef
2 Tbsp finely grated parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp onion powder
1/2 tsp salt & pepper
1 (50 count) package wonton wrappers
1. Place all of the ravioli ingredients into a small sauce pan, except the wonton wrappers & turn the heat to low.
2. Cook the meat for about 10 minutes, or until browned; you much stir this constantly & sometimes vigorously to keep the mixture smooth, no lumps!
3. Wet the edges of a wonton wrapper & place 1 - 1 1/2 Tbsps of the meat mixture in the center; top with another wonton skin & press all of the air out of the ravioli while you are pressing the edges together to make a tight seal.
4. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
5. Add the ravioli to the boiling water & boil them, stirring occasionally for 5 - 8 minutes.
6. Toss the ravioli & sauce together in a large bowl & serve.