Cheddar and Onion Spaetzle
Theas recipe is dropped from a spoon into the boiling water and is more like a dumpling!
This way to prepare the spatzle is delicious using either recipe. I most often use Thea's since it is soooo much easier and yummy to boot!
TRY ADDING SOME COOKED BACON TO THIS DISH ALSO : ) YUM!!!
This is sooo yummy! I NEVER have leftovers!
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 3 1/4 c flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 tablespoons butter (not margarine)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 to 1 c luke warm water
- the spaetzle you just made : )
- 1/2 to 1 c chopped onion (we like alot )
- 3/4 to 1 cup shredded cheddar
- garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper
- butter to saute
THEA'S SPATZLE : HTTP://WWW.JUSTAPINCH.COM/RECIPE/THEA-PAPPALARDO/SPAETZLE/OTHER-SIDE-DISH
FOR THE NOODLE VERSION:
Put flour in a bowl and add eggs and a pinch of salt to it.