Beef Noodle Casserole
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 lb
- ground beef
- onion, chopped
- 1 c
- red or green bell pepper chopped
- 2 1/2 tsp
- garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- worcestershire sauce
- 1 can(s)
- tomato sauce (20 ounce can)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pkg
- wide egg noodles (10 ounce pkg)
- 1 pkg
- cream cheese, softened (8 ounce pkg)
- 8 oz
- sour cream
- green onions, chopped (optional)
- 2 c
- shredded, cheddar or mozzarella cheese
Add onion and bell pepper; cook slowly until vegetables are tender.
Add garlic powder, sugar, Worcestershire and tomato sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for about 20 minutes.
While meat sauce is simmering, cook noodles in boiling salted water according to package directions; drain noodles.
Place hot noodles in a bowl with the cream cheese and sour cream. Stir until noodles are coated. Add green onion, if desired.
In a lightly greased baking dish, layer 1/2 the noodle mixture and 1/2 the meat mixture. Repeat. Top with cheese. Bake at 350 degree F. for 30 - 40 minutes.