Bacon & Cheddar Sausage Halushki
- 1 pkg
- johnsonville bacon & cheddar sausages, grilled and sliced on the bias (or cook on stovetop according to package directions)
- strips lean quality thick-cut bacon, snipped into small pieces
- large head cabbage, sliced
- 1 medium
- onion, large diced
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 pkg
- 12 oz. ( or half of a 24 oz. bag) reames frozen home-style egg noodles
- 1/2 tsp
- kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp
- coarse ground black pepper
- 4 Tbsp
- real butter
Scrape bacon and onion mixture (with the drippings) into the pot you used to cook the noodles, add butter, and cook and stir cabbage until coated with drippings. Cover pot and cook cabbage over medium-low heat, about 15 to 18 minutes, or until cabbage is tender. Stirring occasionally.
Gently stir in noodles and sliced, grilled sausages.
Serve with my homemade mashed potatoes if you'd like.