Amazing Tomato Basil Pasta
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 12 oz
- pasta, uncooked (i used linguini)
- 1 can(s)
- 15 oz diced tomatoes (can use fresh)
- 1 large
- sweet onion cut in julienne strips
- 4 clove
- garlic, thinly sliced (i used roasted )
- 2 large
- sprigs of basil
- 4 1/2 c
- vegetable broth, not low sodium
- 1/2 tsp
- red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp
- dried oregano leaves
- 2 Tbsp
- extra virgin olive oil
- parmesan cheese for garnish
1Place pasta,tomatoes, onion, garlic, basil in a large stock pot.
2Pour in vegetqable broth, sprinkle on the top the pepper flakes and oregano. Drizzle with the olive oil. Cover pot and bring to boil. Reduce to a low simmer and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes or so.
3Cook till most of the liquid has been absorbed. Leave a small amount for a sauce like texture.
4Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir pasta as you serve to distribute the remaining liquid evenly. Garnish with Parmesan Cheese.