10 minute "Bacon & Egg Pasta" ... also known as Carbonara
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- (all ingredients listed are per serving. double & triple as you like).
- 1 svg hot cooked thin spaghetti or linguini
- 1 egg (per svg)
- 1 handful of real bacon bits
- 1/4 thinly sliced onions
- 1/2 diced tomato or handful of frozen peas (which ever you have on-hand & which ever you prefer).
- sm amt of olive oil, salt & pepper, nutmeg
- generous amt of freshly grated parmesan or romano cheese
1Boil pasta as directed. While pasta is cooking saute onion in sm amt of olive oil over low heat until sweet & carmalized. If using frozen peas, toss in with the pasta during last minute or so of cooking.
2In separate bowl whisk egg. When pasta is cooked, drain and add to the saute pan with onion and remove from heat. Quickly toss egg with hot pasta (do not cook over heat at this point or egg will scramble). Toss together well and add a pinch or two of nutmeg, along with bacon bits, diced tomatoes, salt, pepper and a generous amt of fresh grated parmesan or romano cheese. Return to heat and toss until everything is warm ... and Mangia!