Wild Boar Sauce Picante
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- wild boar leg
- 1 c
- vegtable oil
- 8 c
- chicken stock (i think this is about a gallon they wrote sh$#load of chicken broth,remember many men drinking and cooking lol)
- 12 oz cans diced tomato
- 12oz cans tomato sauce
- chopped garlic cloves
- chopped and seeded jalapenos
- lemons squeezed and a little grated lemon zest
- bay leaves
- 1 c
- dark roux( im sure they had it in a jar but you can make your own, just cook it till its good and dark)
- 1/2 tsp
- cayenne pepper (more if desired)
- creole seasoning to taste
1Season Boar with salt, pepper, and tonys if desired.
heat oil in a LARGE stock pot ..really hot. Sear Boar until brown on all sides.
2Add chicken stock. Bring to boil and reduce to medium heat. Cook 1 1/2 -2 hours or until falling off the bone. Remove boar from stock..saving stock . Remove meat from the bone cutting in small peices. Set boar aside
3Add to stock-- the trinity, tomato sauce, canned tomatoes, garlic, jalapenoes, lemon juice and zest, bay leaves, salt and pepper to taste a teaspoon of cayenne pepper.simmer for 30 min.
4Stir in roux until smooth..stir well. simmer for another 30 min.
5Add boar and simmer until it is heat(10 min or so) discard bay leaves
6Serve over steamed rice