SPICE ALERT! Sometimes you don't have to do much to get food to have unbelievable flavors. That is the way it is for these dogs. The potato onion mixture will blow your socks off! Adjust the seasonings to your preference or try it as it is written for an explosion of flavor!
Try Tater Dogs at your next family get together or football party and you may never eat a plain dog again!
- 4 c
- red potatoes, diced
- 3 c
- onion, chopped
- 1/4 c
- oil, canola
- 2 tsp
- roasted garlic salt (one of my new favorite seasonings from lawrys) or table salt
- 1/2 tsp
- crushed red pepper (more or less as to your preference)
- 2 tsp
- granulated garlic
- 2 Tbsp
- parsley flakes
- 1 tsp
- black pepper (more or less as to your preference)
- mustard, spicy brown (for each sandwich)
- hot dogs or italian sausages
- soft hoagie rolls and/or pita pockets (hot dog rolls do not hold up this mixture well to me. it needs a roll with substance or a crispy pita pocket)
Start by boiling the potatoes until just tender, then drain.
I enjoy these Tater Dogs in pita pockets as left overs. Just fill the pockets (not heated) and wrap in foil. Then when you are ready to eat, bake them in the oven for about 20 - 25 minutes for a crispy delicious hot sandwich!