Squash Sausage Stuffing Casserole
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- cup water, for squash
- tsp salt
- 6 cups
- sliced yellow squash, (1/4 inch thick)
- small onion halved and sliced
- can cream of mushroom, or chicken soup, or chicken broth
- cup sour cream, your choice
- 3 oz. pkg softened cream cheese, optional,
- 1 pkg
- seasoned cornbread stuffing mix.
- 4 oz
- can chopped green chilies, drained
- 4 oz
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 lb.
- favorite seasoned sausage, cooked and crumbled
- seasoning of your choice
1In large saucepan, bring water to boil. Add squash and onion. Reduce heat, cover and cook till squash is crisp tender. Drain well. Set aside.
2Cook sausage over medium-high heat, till meat is done and no pink is showing. Drain well and set aside.
3If using cream cheese, combine in small bowl with sour cream, blending well. If not using cream cheese, only add sour cream.
4In large bowl combine soup, Mixture of sour cream/cream cheese, green chilies, crumbled sausage, stuffing and seasoning packet, drained squash, choice of seasonings, 2 well beaten eggs. If desired, sprinkle with crushed peppers to taste.
5Mix all extremely well and pour into greased, appropriate size baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered at 350 for 25-30 minutes, or till cheese is melted and little crispy around edges, or till heated through.
6Wow!! I found this was very hard pulling ingredients and amounts and mixing directions out of ones head.If does not make sense, give me a comment and will do very best to help.