Smoked Sausage, Cabbage & Rye Noodles
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 Tbsp
- light-tasting vegetable oil, e.g. canola oil
- 6 to 8 oz
- smoked sausage or kielbasa, sliced 3/8" thick
- 1/2 medium
- cabbage, coarsely shredded
- 1/2 tsp
- salt, preferably smoked salt
- 1 tsp
- caraway seeds
- 1 Tbsp
- butter (optional)
- 2 to 4 oz
- sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 to 6 g
- rye noodles, boiled
1In a large saute pan with cover, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
2Add the sliced sausage and allow to color slightly.
3Add the cabbage, salt and caraway seeds and toss to coat with the oil. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the cabbage is softened. Stir occasionally.
4Add the cooked noodles to the sausage and cabbage mixture and toss to mix thoroughly. Optionally, add the butter, let it melt, and toss to mix.
5Add the shredded cheese and stir to distribute. Cover and heat through.