Scottish Mince and Tatties
But I am going to give you the simple recipe an old Scottish/Irish friend, Ellen Donovan,gave so many years ago. It's simple fair, quick and ever so easy. Personally it's one of my favorite dishes for a cold rainy lazy day...or when times were tough.
A wee bit of information on Mince and Tatties. en.wikipedia.org/...ince_and_tatties
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 lb
- ground beef, or chicken, turkey, pork or lamb (lamb not my favorite)
- a few potatoes peeled boiled or bake them then skin them
- 1 medium
- onion, finely chopped
- beef bouillon, cubes
- salt an pepper to taste
- clove of garlic smashed (optional)
- 4 small
- carrots, chopped
- peas (optional)
- a bit of chopped parsley or baby dill
- green beans (optional)
- a tad of flour or cornstarch to thicken
Take the ground meat and onions and set in a pan with just enough water to cover and a tab bit more.
Bring to a boil, add salt and pepper and any seasonings you like. Add the carrots and any other vegetable.
Cook a few minutes at a boil. Add the cubes of beef bouillon.