Roasted Vegetable Sandwich1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 small
- eggplant, thinly sliced into rounds
- zucchini, thinly sliced
- yellow summer squash, sliced
- red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 tsp
- olive oil
- garlic cloves, finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 c
- nonfat sour cream or nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 Tbsp
- reduced fat mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 tsp
- fresh lemon juice
- french bread baguette, 16" split lengthwise into 4 sections
- bunch watercress, washed, large stems removed
1Heat oven to 450 degrees.
2In large roasting pan, toss eggplant, zucchini, yellow squash and red pepper slices with oil and garlic.
3Season with salt and pepper.
4Roast vegetables, stirring occasionally, until tender and starting to brown, 30 to 35 minutes.
6Meanwhile, in small bowl, whisk together sour cream or yogurt, mayonnaise, basil and lemon juice.
7Season with salt and pepper; reserve in refrigerator.
8Spread mayonnaise mixture on both bread halves and arrange watercress on bottom layer.
9Top with vegetable mixture and bread tops.