Low Country Boil
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 3 oz
- box of crab boil (for less spicy boil use the bag not the loose powder seasoning)
- 3 Tbsp
- old bay seasoning
- 3 lb
- small potatoes (new or red potatoes work best) scrubbed and unpeeled
- ears of corn, shucked and cut into 3 inch pieces
- 2 lb
- smoked sausage, cut into diagonal two inch pieces
- 2 lb
- shrimp , preferably unpeeled (you can remove the shell if you prefer)
- seafood or cocktail sauce (optional)
1In a large stockpot, bring a gallon of water to a boil.
2Add shrimp/crab boil and Old Bay seasoning. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
3Add potatoes, one at a time to keep the liquid boiling. Let simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes.
4Add corn pieces, simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
5Add sausage and shrimp, allow to simmer uncovered for 3-5 minutes. Do not overcook the shrimp.
6Transfer to a large platter and serve with cocktail or seafood sauce.