Laurie's Corned Beef and Cabbage
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 4 c
- apple juice
- 1/2 c
- splenda blend brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp
- goulden's mustard
- corned beef briskets with the spice packets (about 3 lbs each)
- small russet potatoes (skin on, scrubbed)
- medium red onions, cut into wedges
- head of cabbage, cored and cut into large chunks
1Blend together the apple juice, brown sugar and mustard until the brown sugar has dissolved and pour into slow cooker.
2Mix in the contents of both spice packets, then lay the corned beef briskets into the apple juice mixture.
3Top with potatoes, onions and cabbage chunks and submerse all of the ingredients into the juice mixture.
4Cover and cook on high until the corned beef is very tender 5 to 6 hours (can also do on low basically all day up around 10 hours).
5Slice the meet across the grain and serve with the vegetables. YUM! (I like to serve the liquid as an "au jus" on the side for dipping of Irish Soda Bread or Buttermilk Biscuits)