Featured Pinch Tips Video
- eggplant, peeled & thinly sliced
- 2 large
- eggs, beaten
- 4 c
- seasoned bread crumbs
- 6 c
- spaghetti sauce ( i use a simple homemade version)
- 16 oz
- shredded mozzarella
- fresh or dry basil & grated parmesan to taste
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1/4 tsp
- garlic powder
- 1 tsp
- dry basil
- 2 can(s)
- (15 oz size) canned tomatoes or use a 28 oz can
- salt & pepper to taste
- any add ins that you want like green pepper, mushrooms, italian seasoning, ect
SIMPLE SPAGHETTI SAUCE (TO REPLACE CANNED OR JARRED)
1First ofall, if making the homemade sauce, combine all of the sauce ingredients. You can simmer it for 15 minutes on low or simply combine then add directly to dish. It is going to be baked anyway, so that would work fine.
2Dip eggplant slices into egg, then into crumbs.
3Place in single layer onto greased baking sheets.
4Bake at 350' for about 8 minutes on each side.
5In a 9x13 baking dish, layer the ingredients by spreading some sauce first onto bottom, then a layer of eggplant, then some mozzarella, then some parmesan and some basil
6Repeat layers ending with cheeses & some basil.
7Cover & bake at 350' for 35-40 minutes or until eggplant is tender.