Creamy Vegetable Pot Pie
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- onions, yellow, medium - diced
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- fresh bay leaf
- 8 oz
- cremini mushrooms, sliced
- baby potatoes, diced
- parsnip, peeled and diced 1/2 inch thick
- celery stalks, diced
- carrot, diced
- sage, a few sprigs sliced very thin
- 3 Tbsp
- butter or butter substitue like earth balance
- 3 Tbsp
- all-purpose flour
- splash of white wine
- 1 Tbsp
- dijon mustard
- 3 c
- no chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1/2 c
- heavy cream
- sheet frozen puff pastry dough, defrosted
1In a large pan heat 2 tbsps of olive oil over medium-high heat and add the mushrooms until lightly browned.
2Add the onion, garlic, potatoes, parsnips, carrots, celery, sage, bay leaf, salt and pepper. Cover the pot and sweat the vegetables for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
3Add butter until melted then add the flour and stir to make a light roux.
4Deglaze the pan with a splash of wine and add one cup of stock. Whisk in the mustard and the remaining stock. Stir in the cream and allow to thicken to a gravy consistency.
5Transfer to oven proof dish and cover with the pastry dough. Wash the dough with egg and then back until golden at 425 degrees.