Cornmeal Coated Fried Shrimp
Shrimp was plentiful in our home of 10 people and saved my mother money...imagine that...so we had it often.
One of my favorite ways to have shrimp was simple and delicious and still the way I cook it most of the time.
It may be easy, but the flavor brings back so many memories so it is a comfort food to me.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 lb
- medium shrimp, cleaned and deviened
- 1 c
- yellow cornmeal, i use quaker brand
- 1/2 tsp
- red pepper, more if you like it spicey
- 1 tsp
- 1 Tbsp
- steak seasoning, i use texjoy
- 2 c
- vegetable cooking oil or other oil for deep frying
Rinse thoroughly and leave shrimp in clean water, you want the shrimp to be wet when dredging in cornmeal.
In a small bowl mix cornmeal and seasonings well.
Serve hot with ketchup, cocktail sauce or tartar sauce.