COLLARDS AND CABBAGE (AWESOME)
- 2 Tbsp
- canola oil
- 6 oz
- slab bacon, cut into 1" slices
- 1 large
- yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 1 c
- chicken stock
- 2 lb
- fresh collards, de stemed and rolled up liked a cigar. use cutting board and cut across into one inch strips.
- 1 medium
- cabbage head, cored and roughly chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- red pepper flakes to taste
Rough cut onion and set aside.
Core Cabbage, rough cut it and set aside.
Place collard leaves on the cutting board, wrong side up. With your big chef knife, strip out the stems and discard. Roll the destemed leaves up like a cigar, cut across and into one inch strips. set aside in a big bowl with cabbage.
Do this several times as they are simmering. After 25 minutes, remove the lid and allow any extra liquid to cook down. ENJOY !!