Cathy's Pizza Pot Pie
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 3 medium
- onions, sliced
- 3 clove
- garlic (or more if you like garlic)
- 1 can(s)
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- mozzarella cheese or any kind of cheese you like either shredded or if its a block cut into thin slices..
- links of italian sausage (either sweet or hot) if your using sausage
- handful of turkey pepperoni sliced
- pie crust shell
- a splash of white wine
- 1 tsp
- dried basil (fresh would work too)
- 1/2 tsp
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 pinch
- oregano, dried
1Preheat oven to 350 F.
2In a pot coat the bottom with some EV Olive Oil.
Add your onions and cook until they start to get golden brown. Stir occasionally.
Add dried basil and red pepper flakes stir to incorporate.
3Push the onions off to the side of the pan and add your sausage.
While that is browning line the bottom of the pie shell with some of the cheese your using (save some to put on top of your meat mixture)
4When the sausage is all browned mix with the onions and add the pepperoni stir for a few minutes.
Add your garlic stir into mixture and If your using the wine add it now and stir in the pan until it evaporates add your tomato sauce.
You want a fairly thick consistency.
5Im not a big fan of oregano so I just put a pinch right over the cheese that is lining the pie shell.
Add your mixture into the pie shell put the rest of your cheese over the top of your mixture.
Put the other pie shell over and crimp the 2 shells together.
Put a slit in the top and put in the oven.
Bake for about 30 minutes or until your pie is golden brown.