Cathy's Pizza Pot Pie
- 3 medium
- onions, sliced
- 3 clove
- garlic (or more if you like garlic)
- 1 can(s)
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- mozzarella cheese or any kind of cheese you like either shredded or if its a block cut into thin slices..
- links of italian sausage (either sweet or hot) if your using sausage
- handful of turkey pepperoni sliced
- pie crust shell
- a splash of white wine
- 1 tsp
- dried basil (fresh would work too)
- 1/2 tsp
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 pinch
- oregano, dried
Add your onions and cook until they start to get golden brown. Stir occasionally.
Add dried basil and red pepper flakes stir to incorporate.
While that is browning line the bottom of the pie shell with some of the cheese your using (save some to put on top of your meat mixture)
Add your garlic stir into mixture and If your using the wine add it now and stir in the pan until it evaporates add your tomato sauce.
You want a fairly thick consistency.
Add your mixture into the pie shell put the rest of your cheese over the top of your mixture.
Put the other pie shell over and crimp the 2 shells together.
Put a slit in the top and put in the oven.
Bake for about 30 minutes or until your pie is golden brown.