Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
- 2 packages mccormick® enchilada sauce mix
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can (4 1/2 ounces) chopped green chiles, drained
- 2 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 10 flour or corn tortillas (8-inch)
- 2 cups shredded mexican cheese blend
1Preheat oven to 325°F. Stir Sauce Mix and milk in medium saucepan. Stirring constantly, cook on medium heat 5 minutes or until thickened. Stir in sour cream and chiles; set aside.
Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from skillet. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet. Add onion and bell pepper; cook and stir 10 minutes or until tender. Return chicken to skillet. Stir in 1/2 cup of the sauce.
Spread 1/2 cup of sauce in lightly greased 13x9-inch baking dish. Heat tortillas as directed on package. Divide the chicken mixture evenly among each tortilla. Fold over tortillas sides; place seam-side down in baking dish. Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas. Sprinkle with cheese.
Bake 40 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.