Salsa (The authentic and AMAZING kind)
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- tomatoes (i use roma, but any kind will work)
- large onion
- 1 bunch
- cilantro, fresh
- jalapenos (depending on how spicy you want it)
- limes (less if you have a lemon/lime juicer)
- 1 Tbsp
- salt (add more if desired)
- 2 tsp
- black pepper (add more if desired)
1Roll each lime on the counter, pushing really hard with the palm of your hand, until they become soft. Cut in half and squeeze into BIG bowl.
2Cut tomatoes*, onion, and jalapeno** in a small dice. Add to big bowl.
* if you don't have a sharp knife do your best to make the dicing small.
** I only seed 1/2 the jalapeno. But if you don't want it really spicy, I would seed the whole thing.
3Take the bunch of cilantro (rinsed really well) and roll the leafy part into a ball. Make very tiny cuts until the whole ball has been completely cut. Then cut the stems into tiny pieces. The stems hold a lot of flavor. Then add it to the BIG bowl.
4Mix everything, in the bowl, together. Then add the salt and pepper. Taste it without a chip. Chips have extra salt and you may think it's good because of the salty chip.
Add more salt or pepper, until flavored to your likeness.