Red Enchiladas w/Italian sausage
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 lb
- sausage, sweet or hot. use andouille if you prefer
- 1 pkg
- tortillas, flour (use the 8-pack)
- 1 can(s)
- enchilada sauce, 24 oz
- 6 oz
- cheddar cheese, shredded. mexican cheese blend works, too.
- 2 tsp
- corn oil
- 8 oz
- sour cream
- 1/2 lb
- lettuce, shredded
- taco sauce or salsa to taste
- avocado (optional)
- 1 can(s)
- black olives, sliced (optional)
11. Use sausage patties or crumble sausage or andouille. Bake at 350 for 20 min. Remove when cooked & drain fat.
2Add about 1/3 of the can of enchilada sauce. Reserve the rest of the can for topping.
3Soften tortillas one at a time, medium omelette pan,in oil, or microwave them two at a time.
4Take sausage/sauce mixture and spoon into a softened tortilla. Roll. As you finish each enchilada, place in a 9 x 11 pan (I use the Pyrex one). Spray pan with cooking spray. Put each enchilada roll into pan, seam side down.
5Top the finished pan of enchiladas with remainder of sauce. If you have any sausage left over, just sprinkle it on.
6Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. In the meantime, set out garnishes. Salsa works if you don't have taco sauce.
7Sprinkle cheese across center of enchiladas and bake for 5 minutes more.
8Remove from oven. Pass around toppings. Enjoy!