nacho cheese doritos bake
i love Mexican. tacos are my all time favorite.so this has been a favorite of mine for a long time.iv tweaked and re tuned it several times.this has turned out to be the keeper recipe for me.i hope you enjoy it as much as me and my family do.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 lb
- ground beef ( i use ground chuck or round, ground turkey can also be used
- crispy flat tostada shells, approx 12 of them, enough to layer casserole pan
- 1 pkg
- 1 taco seasoning packet
- chopped green chile, to taste (optional)
- 1 pkg
- 1-11oz. bag of nacho cheese chips, (i used about 3/4 of a bag of doritos)
- shredded cheddar cheese..about 3 cups or so
- lettuce, tomato, and sour cream or guacamole for garnish
In a medium pan cook up the Beef with the Chiles and Taco Seasoning. Place a layer of the Crispy Shells into the bottom of your baking dish (i used a 9x13 casserole dish) and top it with a layer of the Beef…
Top that layer with some Cheese…
2Continue layering until you’ve reached the desired height, and you are out of layering ingredients.
3Top the whole thing with a nice layer of the Doritos, cover and bake at 350 for approx. 25 minutes…
Remove the cover and continue baking for another 10 minutes, until the chips are crisp and slightly golden. Let it cool a bit…
If you can wait a bite to dig in...
serve up and enjoy!