Chile Relleno Casserole
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 4 oz. cans of diced green chilis, drained and dried 3/4 c. frozen corn, thawed and dried 5 scallions, thinly sliced 1 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese, divided 1 1/2 c. skim milk 6 egg whites 4 eggs 1/4 t. salt
11) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and spray a casserole dish with non-stick spray.
2) line the bottom of the casserole dis with green chilis, corn and scallions. Sprinkle 1 c. of the cheddar cheese over the mixture.
3) In a medium bowl combine the milk, egg whites, eggs and salt and whisk well. Pour the egg mixture over the green chili mixture in the casserole dish and then top with the remaining 1/2 c. of cheddar cheese.
4) Bake for 45-50 minutes until the casserole is set and the cheese on top is brown and bubbly.