Carne con chile verde
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 10 new mexico green chili's
- 2 cups diced tomato
- or approx 2 lbs steak cut into bite size pieces
- 2 cans or 1 carton of beef broth
- 3 tablespoons of garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt or to taste
1Brown the meat in a little cooking oil, add beef broth on
high until it comes to a boil then turn it down to a low simmer cover. Let simmer for an hour to an hour and a half. Until meat is nice and tender.
2While meat is cooking: squeeze using your hands green chile and tomato together, add 2 tablespoons of garlic powder, and salt to taste.
3Add green chile mixture to meat, let simmer on low another half hour. This recipe takes awhile, but is totally worth it. Trust me!!!!! Serve with tortillas.