Turkey Frame Soup
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- leftover turkey frame
- sprigs of fresh rosemary, sage and thyme.
- 10 c
- chicken broth
- onion, chopped
- celery stalks, sliced
- 2 c
- leftover turkey or chicken gravy
- 2 c
- leftover or frozen veggies (not glazed veggies, please)
- 1 c
- leftover stuffing
- potatoes peeled and chopped or 8 oz cooked egg noodles
- 2-3 c
- chopped cooked turkey meat
- salt and pepper to taste
1In a soup pot, combine turkey frame, herbs and stock. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to low, then simmer 1 and 1/2 hours
2Strain broth, removing all herb sprigs, bones and cartilage, skin etc. Return clean broth to pot. Add any meat left from the carcass.
3Add onion, celery and veggies. Return to boil, reduce and simmer for 20 mins.
4Add potatoes and simmer until potatoes are firm tender OR add cooked noodles and continue immediately with next step.
5Add stuffing, gravy and turkey. Simmer for 10 more mins. Salt and pepper to taste.