Tender Beef Smothered in Stilton Cheese Sauce
The lovely sauce enhances this tasty, beef dish. I hope that you will enjoy this treasure.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- beef tenderloin steaks, thick slices, 1 1/2 - 2-inch
- 3/4 - 1
- teaspoon sea salt, coarse
- teaspoon pink peppercorns orred peppercorns, freshly ground
- teaspoon nutmeg, freshly ground
- 1 1/2
- tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- tablespoons shallots, french, finely, chopped
- tablespoon onion, sweet, finely, chopped
- cup dry white wine
- cup hard cream (whipping cream)
- cup stilton cheese, crumbled
- cup fresh parsley, chopped
1Sprinkle salt and pepper on the beef.
2In a frying pan, heat the oil on medium high heat, till the pan is hot and add the tenderloins, cooking (3 - 4 minutes for rare) (5 - 6 minutes per side for medium/rare - medium).
3Remove the beef and cover loosely to keep warm.
4Add the shallots, onion and wine to a small pan and boil until it has reduced to 1/4 cup.
5Now slowly add the whipping cream, boil the mixture again for about 10 minutes, until the mixture has been reduced by half.
6Next reduce your heat to low and very slowly, a little at a time, whisk in the cheese until it is all melted.
7Once the cheese has melted stir in the nutmeg and parsley.
8Spoon the sauce over the beef and enjoy.