Pineapple Sauce for Ham by Kay Cross
Lolly St John
My Mother In-law, Kay Cross, gave me many wonderful recipes. She has passed away, but I have her recipe for this delicious pineapple sauce for ham. I hope you love it as much as I do!
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 (15 oz) can(s)
- crushed pineapple (in its own juice)
- 1/2 c
- 1-rounded tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 3 to 4 Tbsp
- (1/4 cup) distilled vinegar
11. In a small saucepan mix the sugar, cornstarch and salt.
22. Stir in un-drained crushed pineapple, and vinegar. I like mine pretty tart so I add 4 tablespoons equal to 1/4 cup vinegar.
33. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and comes to a boil.
44. Boil while stirring for 1 minute.
55. Serve warm with ham.