Italian Stuffed Shells ~ Cassies
I hope you enjoy these shells as much as my family does.
- 1 - 12 oz
- jumbo shells, prepared according to pkg directions
- links - casings removed - sweet or hot italian sausage
- 1 lb
- ground beef
- 17 oz
- good ricotta cheese
- 3 c
- shedded, mozzarella cheese - i shred my own
- 1/4 c
- shredded parmesan - more for topping
- 1 Tbsp
- each - fresh basil & fresh parsley - chopped ( can use dried if don't have) - 1 tsp each if using dried ~ or more to taste
- 1 tsp
- each - black pepper, garlic powder, italian seasoning ~ or more to taste
- 1 - 1 1/2 tsp
- 1 - 15 oz
- favorite spaghetti sauce - or home made
- & shredded parmesan for garnish
Place meat in a large bowl, and add cheeses, seasonings, fresh parsley and basil. Stir until well combined.
Remove foil and bake another 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and starting to bubble. Watch them closely that you don't burn the exposed shell.
These can be easily reheated, but in my opinion, they're best eaten fresh out of the oven.