EASY PULLED PORK BARBECUE
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 large
- pork butt or shoulder roast (4-6 lbs.)
- 2 tsp
- salt or hickory smoked salt, your choice
- 1 bottle
- barbecue sauce, your favorite
- 6 quart or larger slow cooker with removable stoneware bowl or roasting pan and aluminum foil
- heat-proof bowl for draining juice
- platter or bowl for pulling pork
- 2 forks
- meat lifters, optional but helpful
1Place oven rack in center position and set oven control to "broil."
3Sprinkle all sides of roast with salt. Place uncovered in oven and broil for 10 minutes.
4Remove from oven, turn the roast over and broil for additional 10 minutes.
5Remove from oven.
7For oven method:
Cover roasting pan or skillet tightly with aluminum foil, set oven to 250 degrees F, cook for 6 hrs or until meat pulls apart easily.)