Dinner Meatballs 5 Ways!
So I wanted a way to make a meal of them..no appetizer size balls for this gal. Ha Ha
Your basic meatloaf recipe is really so versatile when you make it into meat-BALLS!
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 lb
- ground beef
- 1 lb
- ground pork
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh minced garlic
- green bell pepper-diced
- salt and pepper if desired
- cheezit crackers-crushed well
- 1-1 1/2 c
- cheese-shredded (2 good sized handfuls)
- use mozzerella or parmesean for itallian
- use fiesta blend for mexican
- use cheddar for bbq
- do not add cheese for salisbury or basic meatball
- mixed italian herbs or just use oregano
- add some fresh cilantro for mexican or just add some cumin
- dash of hickory smoke flavoring for bbq (optional)
- add some worcestershire for salisbury meatballs
- add some fresh parsley for basic meatballs
- you can just use chunky salsa for the mexican meatballs, just make sure to use extra cheezits for binding...omit the onion, green pepper and cilantro
HERBS / SEASONINGS
1You're simply going to mix all this together very thoroughly
-The amount of Cheezits used will very depending on moisture in your mixture, so that will be a bit of an experiment..but don't worry about using too many because the vegies will release moisture as the meatballs cook and it's good to have those cheesy crackers to soak it all up.
I add cheezits until I get a good firm ball to stick together.
2Divide into portions, ball the mixture and drop into a greased/sprayed MUFFIN or CUPCAKE pan.
-size depends on your preference and how you plan to serve them..do be cautious about making them too huge though because you want to make sure they will bake all the way through
3Bake in 350 degree oven until juices run clear
-test one to make sure it is cooked through
**Awesome tip is to use a grill basket or grill pan on your outdoor grill to cook the Salisbury or Plan versions..if you use grill for the bbq I would reduce or eliminate the liquid smoke.
-spaghetti sauce and pasta
-pizza sauce and more cheese
-mexican rice, sour cream cilantro rice, salsa of choice, fresh corn
-bbq sauce and your favorite summer salad
-carmalized onion gravy w/mushrooms for Salisbury
-use plan meatballs with egg noodles for stroganoff, mushroom soup gravy etc.