Comforting Potato & Chorizo Skillet
Potatoes such as these, to me are a true comfort food, hence the name...
I served these potatoes and sausage along side of my Delicious & Colorful Bean Salad...needless to say, hubby was quite satisfied...enjoy!
- 2 lb
- red potatoes, washed and par cooked in microwave- then cubed
- 1/4 tsp
- each - red pepper, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, black pepper
- optional - taste finished potatoes first, as sausage has salt and may not need
- 3 - 4 Tbsp
- oil or more if needed
- 3 - 4
- links johnstonville - chorizo sausage, sliced
- 1/2 c
- chopped, sweet onion
- 1/2 c
- each - red & green bell pepper, chopped
- 8 oz
- fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 clove
- garlic, thin sliced
- 3 - 4 oz
- shredded, colby / monterey cheese or monterey jack
Once cool enough to handle, cube into bite sized pieces.
In the same pan as you browned the sausage; make sure you drained grease from sausage and add about 1 tablespoon oil. Over medium heat, saute the onions and peppers. When soft and and onions begin to turn translucent; add the mushrooms and continue cooking until mushrooms are browning, and most of the liquid from the mushrooms evaporate, if any.
Add the sliced garlic, and cook another couple minutes, stirring so garlic doesn't burn. Set aside