Saturday Night Special Casserole
whether it's a holiday or any ordinary night of the week, you don't need to spend a long time in making this delicious casserole..this is one of our favorites..even my husband- who doesn't like cooked vegetables.
This is a very versatile recipe as you can change up the veggies and the pasta even add your favorite spices and even add some cooked shrimp, chicken or hamburger as I do if there are any leftovers...enjoy...
- 16 oz
- pkg, rotini pasta, cooked
- 10 oz
- pkg. broccoli slaw with carrots
- 2 c
- cottage cheese, any curd size
- 3/4 c
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 c
- cream or milk
- 16 oz
- container sour cream-i used daisy brand
- 1 1/2 tsp
- seasoned salt- i used lawry's
- 1/2 tsp
- black pepper
- 1 Tbsp
- italian seasoning
- 2 Tbsp
- melted butter or margarine
- 1 c
- toasted bread crumbs, or panko bread crumbs
Cook pasta according to directions on box, cooking al dente.(I cooked them about 5 minutes in boiling water..
Cover and bake 45 minutes , or until heated through. Serve with garlic toast, if desired.