Original Crawfish or Shrimp Monica
Images temporarily borrowed from all over the internet until I make it again.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 lb
- pasta (fettuccine, linguine, rotini, penne, or bowties
- 1 lb
- crawfish tails and fat (louisiana - don't use chinese)
- 1 stick
- butter (don't use margarine)
- 1 pt
- half and half
- 1 large
- bunch green onions and tops, sliced
- 1-2 Tbsp
- garlic, minced
- creole seasoning and salt to taste
6Cook for 5 - 10 minutes over medium heat until the sauce thickens.
8Serve immediately, with lots of French bread and a nice white wine.
9*COOKS NOTE: Most of the time I use half Heavy Cream and half - Half and Half, or in other words 1 1/3 cups heavy cream and 2/3 cups milk. I generally buy Heavy Cream because it can be cut with milk to make Half and Half. The sauce seems to thicken better than straight Half and Half but using all Heavy Cream is too thick.
10*Tip: The sauce is excellent over Redfish on da Half Shell - I call it Redfish Monica.