Mozzarella Portabellas American Heart Association
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- portabella mushrooms, about 3.5 ounces each, stems removed
- zucchini, medium size, thinly sliced
- green bell pepper, chopped
- yellow onion, medium, chopped
- 2 tsp
- dried basil
- 8 oz
- tomato sauce, no-added salt
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- crushed red pepper flakes
- 2/3 c
- part skim mozzarella cheese or smoked mozzarella cheese
- 2 tsp
- parmesan cheese, shredded
1Preheat the oven to 400*F. Lightly spray a nonstick baking sheet with vegetable oil spray. Lightly spray both sides of the mushrooms with vegetable oil spray; place with the stem side up on the baking sheet.
2Bake for 12 minutes, or until fork tender. Set aside.
3Meanwhile, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Remove from heat and lightly spray with vegetable oil spray (being careful not to spray near a gas flame). Cook the zucchini, bell peppers, onion, and basil for 5 minutes, or until the zucchini is tender. Stir in the tomato sauce, sugar, salt, and red pepper flakes; cook for 4 minutes, or until thickened, stirring frequently.
4Spoon 1/2 cup zucchini mixture over each mushroom; top with the mozzarella cheese.
5Bake for 5 minutes, or until the mozzarella has melted. Remove from oven. Sprinkle with the Parmesan.