Irish Tacos Indeed!
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2-3 c
- leftover mashed potatoes or leftover roasted potatoes, diced (such as irish 'champ')
- corn tortillas or flour tortillas (we used corn tortillas and a mix of corn/flour tortillas)
- 1/4 c
- frozen peas (not necessary to thaw)
- scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 slice
- candied bacon, cooked and crumbled (or your favorite vegetarian version)
- 1/2 c
- white onion, diced small
- 1/2-3/4 c
- irish sharp cheddar cheese, grated (we used: dubliner, skellig and trader joe's isle of man roasted onion and scallion)
- fresh cilantro
- fresh green chilies, sliced or minced or green tomatillo salsa
- baby arugula (or other greens)
1Note: I candied the bacon by drizzling some real maple syrup on top, sprinkled with chopped pecans and baked at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.
Steam or fry the tortillas.
2Heat up the leftover mashed potatoes. OR, we used leftover roasted potatoes which I warmed up in a little bit of oil in a skillet. I added the frozen green peas and scallions the last 1 minute of cooking.
3Spoon the mashed potatoes into the tortillas. Add the garnishes!